October 6, 2017 Backpack News Ss. Peter & Paul School
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER!
Monday, October 9 NO SCHOOL, Columbus Day
Tuesday, October 10 Vision & Hearing Screenings, Student Council Meeting 2:30-3 p.m.
Friday, October 13 Student of the Month after Mass, End of 1st Quarter, Rosary 1:40 p.m.
Saturday, October 14 First Reconciliation Workshop 12:30-4 p.m.
Affirmation of First Communion Candidates at 4:30 p.m. Mass
Thursday, October 19 Kindergarten Field Trip, Engineering Club (6-8 only) 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Friday, October 20 5th Grade Retreat, PK Field Trip, Alumni Golf Tournament
Mon-Thurs, Oct 23-26 Red Ribbon Week
Wednesday, October 25 Parent/Teacher Conferences p.m.
Thursday, October 26 Rosary 1:40 p.m., Parent/Teacher Conferences p.m.
Friday, October 27 NO SCHOOL, Parent/Teacher Conferences
The auction is just 5 WEEKS AWAY. Yay! Here are some Updates…
– Ticket Sales are open! We are hoping that each class will fill 3 full tables (8 people). I will be putting a quick Auction Information Video out this week to help everyone know how awesome this night is, and how attending the Auction will really help make SSPP the best Catholic School in the area. Invites will be in your Friday Folder this week, so you can send in your payment to the office, or you can purchase tickets online at: www.peterpaul.gesture.com.
– We are collecting liquor, beer, and wine for the Yeti Cooler Raffle. Any donations can be dropped off in the office or we can pick it up.
– Are you a sales rep for a direct level marketing business (Avon, Scentsy, Wildtree, Mary Kay, etc)? We would love to help promote your business by having you donate a basket to the silent auction. Any donations can be dropped off in the office or we can pick it up.
-We are collecting for the whiskey and wine pull. Any donations can be dropped off in the office or we can pick it up.
– We are accepting basket donations, monetary donations, basket items (paper, ribbon and wrap), sponsors for food/beverage and Ad’s.
– Raffle tickets can be turned into the office, or you can purchase online at: www.peterpaul.gesture.com. We have some great items this year!!
-Lastly, class basket donations are coming along. Please do not forget to help add to the value. These are a great way to raise money!
Thank you to everyone who has helped, donated or supported in any way!!! This is going to be a fun night!
Go Hornets! Ashley Swip & Tammy Waligorski, Auction Co-Chairs
8th grade FUNdraising
The following Dine to Donate fundraisers are planned to benefit the 8th grade trip to Chicago. A flyer will be sent home as we get closer to the event. Don’t forget to buy scrip before you go to Ravanelli’s and Applebee’s.
10/09/17 – Zapata’s Collinsville (Flyer went home on 9/29/17) Flyer is required to receive credit!
10/23/17 – Ravanelli’s Collinsville
11/02/17 – Chick-Fil-A (Belleville/Green Mount Road location only)
11/16/17 – Appleebee’s Collinsville
12/03/17 – Culver’s Collinsville
Also at the end of November 8th grade students will be selling Pantera’s pizza which will be made/delivered on January 13, 2018
Schnucks Giving Bag
Every Schnucks Giving Bag sold during the month of October at the Schnucks location at 501 Belt Line Rd., Collinsville, IL. will generate a $1 donation to support Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School! Thanks for your generosity & support!
Help with Let it Go Yardsale
The number of kids items is much lower this year than last. If you have any extra kids clothes you would like to donate, please bring them to school/church by Tuesday Oct 10th. Thanks!
3 on 3 Basketball Kids’ Tourney
3 on 3 Basketball Tourney Saturday, 10/07 (Coed 5th & 6th) and Sunday, 10/08 (Coed 7th & 8th) at St. Mary’s Grade School, Edwardsville.For more information, contact Coach Jim Hattrup at email@example.com or call 618-407-5572. Fliers are available at SSPP school office.
Junior Kahok Wrestling
Open to participants ages 5 to 14 year olds. Registration is Wednesday, Oct 11, from 6-7:45 p.m.
For additional information please visit: www.kahoks.org/virtual-backpack/
Fr. McGivney Events:
McGivney Halloween 5K Run/Walk & Kid’s Halloween Party Oct 28 @ 8 am – 12 pm
Fall Preview Day, November 5 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
ASPIRE Placement Test & Prospective Parent Breakfast, November 11 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Early Decision Deadline, December 15
For additional information, visit their website at mcgivneygriffins.com/
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP SSPP SCHOOL:
SHOPWITHSCRIP.COM Please call the school office for the SSPP enrollment code. Additional questions, call the school office at 344-5450.
SCRIP: The school office carries a variety of scrip cards and can order almost anything. Go to www.glscrip.com or www.shopwithscrip.com for the complete list. The school receives different percentages back on each card purchased. If you know you’ll be shopping at a specific store (ie shopnsave, etc) or dining at a specific restaurant (ie olive garden, etc), or paying your store charge (ie kohl’s, etc), please think about purchasing them from school. Thanks for your support!
SCHNUCKS E-SCRIP CARD: If you don’t have one, contact the school office and we will get one to you. You only have to have them scan it at the time of your checkout – That’s it! Pretty easy, isn’t it?
Inserts in today’s Friday Folders: Auction Invitation, Soccer Pictures, Band Schedule, Fr McGivney Field Trip (8th only), Trunk or Treat, Elite Ft Training & Programs, The Sports Academy Birthday Parties