Dear Parents and Students,
From the weatherman’s reports, winter will be upon us this weekend!
Collinsville Unit 10 does not have school tomorrow(Friday) so there is NO BUS SERVICE for Ss Peter and Paul in the AM or PM.
In the event school is cancelled due to the ice/road conditions, I will place an all-call message. Closings will also be posted on KMOV-Channel 4 and KSDK – Channel 5 as “SS Peter and Paul Catholic School – Collinsville.”
Friday Folders were sent home today in anticipation of a “Virtual” Day. Primary students have their “Blizzard Bags” sent home so they will have school work to compete. Students with Chromebooks will have assignments to complete using their chromebooks or other assignments as directed by their teacher.
By having a Virtual Day, we do not have to add additional days to our school calendar at the end of the year.
If school is cancelled, Honor Roll presentation scheduled for Fridays Mass will be rescheduled.
Our Girls are playing for the Conference Basketball Championship and that game has been rescheduled to next Thursday, January 18 at 7:30 at Marquette HS.
We send them our prayers and best wishes to bring home a win!!
Ryan from Camp Ondessonck visited grades 3-8 today and we are ready for summer! Brochures will be sent home next week in the Friday Folder with detailed information about the camp.
Calendar this week:
Monday – January 15 – No School – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Tuesday -January 16 Student Council Meeting 2:30 – 3:00 pm
Thursday January 18 MAT – Revisited: Forming a School Strategic Plan
6:30 Fellowship Room
Girls Basketball Conference Championship Game
7:30 pm Marquette HS – Alton
Catholic Schools Week Sunday, January 28 – Saturday, February 3
School Council (Board) sponsors a Pizza Party after 10:30 Mass January 28 with Open House, Basketball pictures and fellowship.
Daily details coming up but plan on closing out the week on Saturday, February 3 with Trivia Night. Only $100 for a table of 8. Doors open at 5:30 . Trivia begins at 6:30 pm.
A few notes to add: (1-12-18)
1. The Girls Basketball Championship Conference Game is rescheduled for Wednesday, January 17 at 7:30 at Marquette High School in Alton. (Change from yesterday’s note)
2. Christine Feller from the Illinois Attorney General’s Office will give a pesentation to parents on Digital Safety on Monday, January 22 from 7-8 pm at Fr. McGivney Catholic HS. She is two steps ahead of our kids – and miles ahead of most adults in the digital arena. If you can make time to connect with her presentation, you will not be sorry. I strongly encourage you to attend.
She will be in our area to present to students at St. Paul School on Tuesday, January 23 and we are working on arranging for our upper grades to attend.
3. Please take a second look at the State of Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Information sheet that was sent home last week. Yes, YOU can apply and qualify for some level of tuition scholarship from monies donated for that purpose.
Look at the eligibility guidelines and assemble the documents that you need to apply. Applications open on Wednesday, January 24 so be ready with:
* Copy of 2016 federal tax return, 1099, W-2 or year-end pay stubs
* Verification of illinois residence(utility bill, driver’s license, etc.)
* Documentation of student’s age ( birth certificate, federal/state ID or passport)
*Student’s prior semester Report card
* If available, letter of acceptance or enrollment at an eligible school.
Check out the empowerillinois.org site or call the school office. If you do not have access to a scanner, call the school office to arrange to bring in your documents and a flash drive. We will scan your documents to your drive so you can upload them with your application.
Monies are waiting to be distributed – and it is FIrst Come First Served.
Have a safe and restful 3 day weekend! God Bless you and your blessings that we have the privilege to teach and care for every day!
Stay safe everyone!