Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Preschool – Collinsville, Illinois
Four-year-old Preschool and Junior Kindergarten Classes
We start out every day by updating the calendar and singing a song as a class using our Smart Board. Other weekly activities include:
Every week we focus on one letter. This week we’re focused on the letter “S”. Our activities include:
- Introduction of the letter puppet, Ms. Super Sock
- Singing Ms. Super Sock’s song
- Reading the Alphatales book “Seal’s Silly Sandwich”
- Making the “S” page for our ABC book by gluing construction paper to make a squirrel and tracing the word “Squirrel”
- Each child gets to take home their ABC Book at the end of the year!
- Reading “The Sun” and finger paints our own sun by mixing yellow and orange paints
- Learning about Snakes through exploration of snake picture and making our own snakes out of paper towel rolls
- Reading “Starfish” and water coloring a starfish
- Reading “Sammy the Seal” and coloring, cutting out and gluing a seal
- Creating our letter “S” book which contains coloring, printing, cutting, and gluing activities focused around the sound of “S”
- Show and Tell
- Each week children are invited to bring an object that starts with the letter of the week to share with the class.
Our activities include:
- Making AB/ABC patterns using Skittles
- Sorting seashells by size and shape
- Many of our center activities (listed below)
Center activities allow our students to learn in small groups. Activities include:
- Building with Legos
- Playing with Play-Dough
- Putting together puzzles
- Playing with geoboards
- Creating patterns with pattern blocks
- Building with building blocks
- Playing with sand and water
- Dramatic play
We learn about our Catholic faith through the Seeds program, which includes a weekly gospel reading and activities. We also use the What the Church Teaches and Believes book.
Each of the classes attend gym, music, and computer classes once a week.
Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Preschool
210 N. Morrison Ave.
Collinsville, IL 62234
Phone (618) 344-5450 Fax (618) 344-5536